[ RadSafe ] Re: The Good News of Nuclear Destruction by Shane Connor

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 6 12:26:03 CDT 2006

Steve,
Both the Health Physics Society and the American
Nuclear Society have programs to train teachers and
students in the schools for many years.  Nevertheless,
I have never seen any data on how effective these
programs are.

--- Steve Jones <pccjone1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Rather then press the government to have civil
> defense which it has been opposed to for over 50
> years, let's have radiation and nuclear science
> taught in out public schools.  It's been left out of
> school curriculums for nearly two generations now.
>
>   Even if the government had a nationwide crash
> civil defense program tomorrow, it would be
> impossible to staff because the very foundation of
> knowledge to understand radiation in this country
> does not exist throughout the general population.

> protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com

May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist