AW: [ RadSafe ] dose RATE of ANY Medicine is the decisive variable

Ted Rockwell tedrock at starpower.net
Thu Sep 7 14:43:52 CDT 2006

Jim:

I understand that much (I think), but is there a real biological, and
logical, basis for saying that the processes involved in radiation damage
(and healing, or progression to cancer)  are of a fundamentally different
kind than damage from metabolism or other stimuli?  For if they are, then
the whole Pollycove/Feinendegen argument fails.  I think a lot hangs on the
validity, or invalidity of the argument (that seems to trump all others)
that ³Yeah, but radiation is different.²

I¹d like to get really clear on that.

Ted Rockwell