[ RadSafe ] Re: References: Radiation induced immuneresponseDETERS spread of cancer

Ruth Sponsler jk5554 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 9 11:30:05 CDT 2006

OK.

The dirty but honest truth is here.  :-)

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f146/uraniumminerals/?start=all

I live in an area where pegmatite rare-earth minerals
that contain the uranium decay series can be found.
These are pictures of some of the specimens that I
have found.  The tan-colored counter is a Ludlum Model
19 that has been terriffic for locating specimens.

Some mineral specimens may be found inside my house.
Others are outside.

If, in the future, I ever took a job where I were
issued dosimetry, I would tell them to please keep it
in the office while I am at home :-) .

In answer to J.J. Cohen - I really don't like the idea
of internal ingestion of anything that would be
radiation hormesis-related, because it is too easy to
go over on the dosage (as Eben Byers did ages ago).

I like better the idea of either a 'spa-type' setting
under health physics supervision using carefully
quantified dosages of x-rays, or an impregnated
metallic structure mounted high up on a wall but
shielded and mounted at a distance from human
occupants of the room.

~Ruth

If anyone wants more pictures of minerals etc., I am
happy to send -