[ RadSafe ] US Nuclear Plant Construction

Muckerheide, Jim (CDA) Jim.Muckerheide at state.ma.us
Sun Apr 1 17:38:24 CDT 2007

Hi Ed,

This usually refers to Brown's Ferry Unit 1.  It has an OL but has been shutdiwn since 1985.  This is why we see reports of 104 operating licences but 103 operating plants.

TVA has had a $1.8 Billion rebuilding project.  This includes a 5% power uprate, from 1100 to 1155 MWe.  Fuel loading should be complete. The schedule was to start up in May.

Regards, Jim