[ RadSafe ] Radon pCi/l to mRem/hr

Bernard L. Cohen blc+ at pitt.edu
Fri Apr 6 10:43:03 CDT 2007

Very roughly, a person living in a house with radon level of 1.3  pCi/L
(the U.S. average) gets a whole body equivalent dose of about 200
mrem/year according to NCRP, about 100 mrem/year according to UNSCEAR,
and about 70 mrem/year according to ICRP. These numbers are about 15
years old, so things may have changed. Naomi Harley of NYU is the expert
on this..

--
ÐÏࡱá