[ RadSafe ] Dose to Emergency Responders

Perrero, Daren Daren.Perrero at illinois.gov
Thu Apr 5 17:26:06 CDT 2007

Don

Illinois radiation protection regulations as well as Federal regulations
(10 CFR 20) that establish dose limits for occupation and
non-occupational workers explicitly state in their purpose under
'General Provisions' "..... nothing in this Part shall be construed as
limiting actions that may be necessary to protect health and safety in
an emergency."   So I don't think the reg you are looking from will have
come from the US NRC.

Daren

The opinions expressed are mine, all mine.....
I'm with the government, I'm here to help you.
Daren Perrero
daren.perrero(a)illinois.gov