[ RadSafe ] Palm Sized Radiation Detector (UNCLASSIFIED)

Falo, Gerald A Dr KADIX Jerry.Falo at us.army.mil
Thu Apr 12 13:17:45 CDT 2007

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

All,

This was sent to me by a coworker.

Palm Sized Radiation Detector

Researchers at the National Space Biomedical Research Institute (NSBRI)
and the U.S. Naval Academy (USNA) have developed a novel radiation
detector to be used during space missions, particularly those to the
Moon and Mars, where energy levels are dangerous and approximate doses
are estimated. The device, called a microdosimeter, is small and
low-powered, and it can measure atmospheric radiation levels in real
time.

http://www.technologyreview.com/Infotech/18275/

________________________________

The statements and opinions expressed herein are my responsibility; no
one else (certainly not my employer) is responsible, but I still reserve
the right to make mistakes.

Don't panic! - Douglas Adams in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Gerald A. Falo, Ph.D., CHP
Kadix Systems
U.S. Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine - Health
Physics Program
jerry.falo at us.army.mil
410-436-4852
DSN: 584-4852