[ RadSafe ] RE: birth defects in Basrah
crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 12:54:34 CDT 2007
I did not know you were an expert in epidemiology. I
am not sure if getting information from "your friends"
would provide a useful comparison.
--- James Salsman <jsalsman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, my friend will get you comparable data showing
> no significant
> increase from Iraqi doctors in Baghdad.
> Your percentages from Michigan include minor
> defects, which are
> defined as those for which no correction is
> recommended. Those rates
> look correct to me.
> On 4/18/07, John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com>
> > Was that the only city reported on? Have
> > epidemiological studies been performed in other
> > cities? What were the birth defect rates 5 years
> > You need to validate all of the data, not just
> > cherry-pick the stuff that supports your position.
> > As noted by the Michigan Department of Community
> > Health at
> > "During 2003, there were 9,383 cases of birth
> > reported for children under one year of age. This
> > translates to an prevalence rate of 725.0 cases
> > 10,000 resident live births. For children born
> > 2002, there were 11,128 cases reported for
> > under 2 years of age for an prevalence rate was
> > cases per 10,000 resident live births. The
> > rate for 2 year olds based upon reported cases has
> > been above 800 per 10,000 for the past three years
> > following a significant effort to improve
> > quality and completeness."
> > I doubt there is much DU in Michigan.
> > --- James Salsman <jsalsman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Why do you keep posting stuff about folate?
> > > was the only place
> > > in the vicinity reporting an increase in birth
> > > defects.
> > >
We must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent or omniscient that we are only 6 percent of the worlds population; that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94 percent of mankind; that we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity; and therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
-- John F. Kennedy
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail: crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
More information about the RadSafe