[ RadSafe ] You have to see this -- Faith-based Radiation Protection- better URL

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 09:15:59 CDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Dixon
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 10:34 PM
To: MEDPHYS at lists.wayne.edu
Subject: Faith-based Radiation Protection- better URL

 Dear colleagues:

I recently gave an invited talk to the NC Health
Physics society which has gotten some good reviews and
promises to become a "cult classic" entitled
"Faith-based Radiation Protection", and I thought It
might be
interesting (or at least amusing) to some of you.

Warning: it is a highly-irreverent, satirical romp
which chronicles my recent travels through the
Orwellian world of NCRP and ICRP, wherein
all normal logic is seemingly abandoned (and all
thinking is based on a limited version of a universe
in which radiation is the only risk).

It also has a very low "political-correctness
coefficient", but you may enjoy; it and may also force
you to think "outside of their box" for a while .
Beyond that, I make no apology for it. Feel free to
pass it along if you like.

You may access the PPT presentation using the link
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=351298&ck

If that doesn't work try
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=351298&ck=

Also posted at this site is my report on the recent
Aug '06 ICRP stakeholders meeting held in our nations
capital (and sponsored by the French?), which I
attended as designated AAPM representative,  and
which was also attended by many of our favorite .govs,
 some .orgs (and a few .nuts). It also gives some
insight into what's happening, or what may happen. So
you may also wish to follow the White  Rabbit down
this hole as well.

Thanks,

Bob Dixon

“We must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent or omniscient — that we are only 6 percent of the world’s population; that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94 percent of mankind; that we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity; and therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.”
-- John F. Kennedy

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist