AW: [ RadSafe ] Jeff Purcell Cornell Article ..

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Thu Apr 26 11:39:07 CDT 2007

Rainer et al.,

Nice to hear, that you agree with my considerations, you understand them
probably due to a "European" background.

I cannot help it that comments of mine on RADSAFE are not met by 100% of the
RADSAFE community with agreement, neither are yours. Visiting many
international conferences (like the one I am attending in Vienna right now)
I have met an incredible number of people who told me that they appreciate
my comments on RADSAFE and I met probably even more, who explained to me why
they unsubscribed from RADSAFE and I can tell you, that I can only agree
with them. If RADSAFE wasn't such a valuable source of information also I
would have unsubscribed since long. I cannot avoid to raise my voice if I
think I can contribute to the discussion.

I do not comment on RADSAFE to please anybody. I put forward my opinions, I
try to transfer knowledge and to keep contact with the world of radiation
protection. If there is an opinion contrary to mine - ok, welcome, let's
discuss it.

This message was sent at app. 6:30 pm European Summer Time. Since it has to
undergo censorship - sorry, politically correct is "monitoring" - you might
receive it several days later, like to original message. This censorship -
sorry: "monitoring" - is humiliating, especially when thinking of what
flamings I have received over RADSAFE, including a few weeks ago a message
putting me close to Adolf Hitler (born in Austria). If Marcel Schouwenburg
wants to ban me from the list, he should do it directly. Many years ago
there was an obviously concerted action of some US hardliners who wanted to
ban me from the list - it was refused by the unforgettable Melissa, who told
me that she liked my contributions, because they were livening up the
discussions.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD