[ RadSafe ] Solar radiation causes global warming

Otto G. Raabe ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Mon Apr 30 11:01:11 CDT 2007

April 30, 2007

The human impact on climate is very small. Termites produce more
carbon dioxide than do people. Volcanos, over which we have no
control, can yield really large quantities of "greenhouse" gases.

The small increase in average global temperature from 1970 to 2000
(about one degree Fahrenheit) is correlated perfectly with increased
radiant energy from the sun over which we have no control. See attached graph.

Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140