[ RadSafe ] On This Day(ref.- NY Times) - Observation of Moment of Silence (Rev.1)

Brunkow, Ward ward.brunkow at wipp.ws
Thu Aug 9 08:42:10 CDT 2007

I felt that a more accurate summary of the Nagasaki detonation was in
order.
W.G. (Ward) Brunkow
Formerly (Cpt. [NBC] U.S. Army Corps of Engineers)

Hello Everyone,

On This Day
On Aug. 9, 1945, the United States exploded an advanced nuclear device
over
Nagasaki, Japan, instantly killing an estimated 39,000 people, and
probably saving the lives of a half million soldiers and marines; not to
mention the carnage if Japan would have won the war. That certainly
could have resulted in tens of millions deaths or even hundreds of
millions over time, based on the atrocities observed from this nation
during WWII.  The fact that a first detonation took place... and Japan
was warned repeatedly of the second bomb, yet totally ignored it, is
still today... beyond all comprehension of human nature and/or
government control of its citizens.

The explosion came three days after the atomic bombing of Hiroshima.

God bless our late President Harry Truman for his divine leadership, who
historians are now calling one of the greatest American Presidents of
the 20th century. May we also remember our devoted Nuclear Scientists of
that period, who developed this technological wonder that ultimately
became the greatest instrument of peace seen in the last 60 years.

May we all observe a moment of silence, and at the same time say a
prayer for our service members who are still in harms way.