[ RadSafe ] Select Nuclear facilities have more leukemia risk

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Thu Aug 9 12:33:24 CDT 2007

"Statistically significant" high rate of leukemia may occur BY CHANCE ALONE near 3 of the 104 USA nuclear power plants (by definition, 2 standard deviations)!

  So selectively reporting those places that "support" a desired conclusion is NOT science.
  An Inconvenient Truth (Gore) is a notorious example.

  Howard Long MPH epidemiology

  http://pubs.acs.org/subscribe/journals/esthag-w/2007/aug/science/rw_leukemia.html

I am sure this will lead to more studies and employment opportunities
for "victim advocates" (read lawyers)

Don't shoot the messenger.....I just found the article 8-}

Erik C. Nielsen
Senior Scientist
Remote Sensing Laboratory
P.O. Box 98521, M/S RSL-47
Las Vegas, NV 89193-8521

http://www.nv.doe.gov/nationalsecurity/homelandsecurity/frmac/default.ht

Voice 702-295-8954
Fax 702-794-1007
Pager 702-794-7222
Cell 702-630-2323
Text to Pager 702794722 at nv dot doe dot gov (plain text please)
Text to Cell: 7026302323 at mmode dot com (plain text please)
This email message is intended only for the use of the named recipient.
Information contained in this email message and its attachments may be
privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not
the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this
communication to others. Also please notify the sender by replying to
this message and then delete it from your system.