[ RadSafe ] Bobby Scott, low dose radiation therapy

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 22:08:54 CDT 2007

Was any of this work done in humans?

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> Health Physicists and Radiation Scientists,
>
>   Bobby Scott here points out that low dose gamma
> radiation treatment (presumably 100mSv to 1,000 mSv
> or 20 to 200 times usual background and up to 1/4
> the LD50) seems beneficial not only to mitigate
> damage from higher dose radiation, but also to treat
> other "genotoxic" damage. This reminds me of the 75
> rem treatments of gangrene reported by Jerry Cuttler
> (Candu man) here and at Doctors for Disaster
> Preparedness meetings.
>
>   Re-establish low-dose radiotherapy!
>   Contact Bobby Scott for attachments (not permitted
> on  lists).
>   The next DDP meeting is in Phoenix, next summer.
>   Howard Long
>

> "Scott, Bobby" <BScott at lrri.org> wrote:
>         v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:*
> {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:*
> {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape
> {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
> st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
>  Dear Howard:
>
>   I have attached a pdf of the slides for my talk on
> “Low-Level Radiation and Health” which includes
> backup slides. Please feel free to pass it on to
> others who have interest.  Slides are arranged from
> left to right.  I am providing a cc to others from
> your e-mail list in case they may like to have a
> copy of the pdf version that I circulated at the
> Oakland meeting (only had a small number copies at
> the meeting).  I am also attaching a paper by Tanya
> Day et al. (2007) that describes chromosomal
> inversions data from Pamela Sykes group in Australia
> that confirmed my prediction that a small harmless
> dose of X-rays could suppress mutations associated
> with an earlier high dose or radiation (or other
> genotoxic agents). Cancers associated with high
> level exposure to genotoxic agents (including
> chemicals) can be suppressed in a similar manner
> including with use of low-dose, low-rate gamma rays
> (see page 7, row 2, slide 1 in the attached pdf file
> of my talk related to Kazou Sakai’s
>  study for skin cancer suppression).   I am also
> attaching a recent publication on polonium-210
> (Po-210) toxicity (Scott 2007) in case it may be of
> interest in light of the November 2006 Po-210
> poisoning incident in London involving Mr. Alexander
> Litvinenko.
>
>   I agree that the DDP meeting was a great meeting!
>
>   Bobby R. Scott
>
>   Hidden DDP Goodies
>     These inconspicuous contributions from the
> Oakland Doctors for Disaster preparedness meeting
> Aug 4,5  2007, are easily overlooked.
>

>     Howard Maccabee’s 6 p Critique of Global Warming
> Exaggerations, is a handout more easily studied than
> a lecture. it references discrepancies (most
> notably, maximum sea rise of 17” by 2100) and 10
> Ways to Adapt, concluding, “- careful analysis
> indicates that warming will have positive benefits
> overall.”  You will be glad you dug it out of the
> plethora of goodies in the blue folder.
>

>     Bobby Scott’s  11 pp (6 slides each) about Low
> [...]

““Few of their children in the country learn English... The signs in our streets have inscriptions in both languages ... Unless the stream of their importation could be turned they will soon so outnumber us that all the advantages we have will not be able to preserve our language, and even our government will become precarious.”
-- Benjamin Franklin, circa 1750, on German immigration to Pennsylvania

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com