[ RadSafe ] " Technology to detect radiation has progressed "

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Mon Aug 20 21:29:39 CDT 2007

Aug. 20

         To answer what I consider to be the most important question, how
many contingencies do you want to prepare for?  Shall each of us be
assigned a policeman, or FBI agent, or BATF agent, or Homeland Security
agent, or *someone*, to accompany us everywhere to make certain we don't
blow someone up?

         There is a problem with the business of guarding everyone:  "Sed
quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"  ---  "But who is to guard the guards
themselves?"

         Franklin Roosevelt said "The only thing we have to fear is fear
itself."  Thoreau said, "Nothing is to be so much feared as fear."  As a
people and as a nation, we need to get a grip on ourselves.

Steven Dapra

All quotes are from Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, 16th edition.

'Guarding the guards' --- Juvenal; p 109:3
Roosevelt --- 648:18
Thoreau --- 476:26