[ RadSafe ] RE: Little Leagues and Radioactive Terrorism

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Tue Aug 21 20:23:35 CDT 2007

At 11:20 AM 8/21/07 -0400, Shawn Hughes \(Road2\) wrote:
>Quote: "I should think this would be intimidating.  Youi're trying to watch
>a baseball game and all of a sudden a bunch of gorillas packing
>heat are standing over you asking  nosy personal question.  In this age of
>post-Sept. 11 paranoia I doubt that the interrogators were very
>congenial.  I wonder if any of them have wives?"
>
>Ignoring the baited comment as to referring to me as a gorilla,

         I didn't call you a gorilla.  I didn't even know you were going to
be reading this.

[edit]

>Quote: I don't know why Oklahoma City was chosen.  My guess is that there
>were many reasons for choosing it, and I doubt that its presence in the
>"heartland" had much to do with it.
>
>McVeigh had little to do with target selection. His transient lifestyle led
>him to people at a compound called 'Elohim City', where they had been
>planning for years to blow up the Murrah Building. He drank the koolaid and
>the rest is history.

         Timothy McVeigh didn't drink any koolaid.  That comment is so
silly it's pathetic.

[edit]

Quote: Shall each of us be assigned a policeman, or FBI agent, or BATF
>agent, or Homeland Security agent, or *someone*, to accompany us everywhere
>to make certain we don't blow someone up?
>
>I could be catty here, as you are fond of doing. I will say that in your
>theory, you totally ignore the reality of how many people are in Law
>Enforcement versus how many people are in the population. It sounds so, so
>very good at the rally, but in the real world, it is unworkable. And, I know
>you know that, Stephen.

         For someone who has never met me you certainly know a lot about
what I "ignore."  For my money, there are too many people in Federal law
enforcement.  Permit me to inform you that I do not attend rallies, so that
is more of your silliness; plus you don't know what I know about
anything.  You also spelled my name wrong.

[edit]

>Quote of quotes: Franklin Roosevelt said "The only thing we have to fear is
>fear itself."  Thoreau said, "Nothing is to be so much feared as fear."  As
>a people and as a nation, we need to get a grip on ourselves.
>

>I can play quote wars with you, but the bottom line is this: taking some
>persons' words out of context do not change the fact that history is replete
>with examples where lack of attention brought about the downfall of
>someone/something/somewhere. You are trying unsuccessfully to link fear and
>awareness, and they are not the same concept.

         I did not take anyone's words out of context.  History is also
replete with examples of people being dragged into police states of the
basis of there being a convenient villain against whom the nation must
protect itself.  We don't even *know* that bin Laden is still
alive.  Whether he is or not, it's certainly convenient to keep making it
look like he is.

[edit]

Steven Dapra