[ RadSafe ] Technology to detect radiation

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 20:47:18 CDT 2007

Probably I-131 therapy of hyperthyroidism or cancer
ablation. This is not a new type of incident. I has
been going on at the U.S. border for years.

It the statement involved a nuclear medicine study, I
would assume that it involved a thallium heart study.

--- nimmoelsa at netscape.net wrote:

> Any comments on the form of radiation therapy
> involved???
>
> I'm sure I'm not aware of?all possible breast cancer
> treatment modes and?I'm finding the description of
> this incident?puzzling.
>
> Thanks,
> Elsa Nimmo
>

> At 07:58 PM 8/19/07 -0400, Jaro wrote:
> >Aviation Week & Space Technology
> >08/20/2007, page 26
> >Technology to detect radiation has progressed, says
> Army Lt. Gen. William
> >Webster, deputy commander of the U.S. Northern
> Command. During the most
> >recent Little League World Series in Williamsport,
> Pa., detectors picked up
> >radiation from a fan entering the premises and
> handheld detectors guided
> >officials to the fan's location. Upon questioning
> the fan, officials
> >discovered she recently underwent radiation therapy
> for breast cancer and
> >was still carrying residual amounts of the
> substance.

"All of the old-timers knew that subprime mortgages were what we called neutron loans --  they killed the people and left the houses. . . .
"LOUIS S. BARNES, a partner at Boulder West, a mortgage banking firm.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com