[ RadSafe ] Technology to detect radiation

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 20:53:40 CDT 2007

Doubtful.  Implants are usually I-125 or Pd-103
http://www.kcc.tju.edu/RadOnc/brachy/fac.htm

You would not want a patient with a high energy photon
implant wandering around in public.  Ir-192 wire
implants are temporary and removed before the patient
is discharged from the hospital.

--- Sandy Perle <sandyfl at cox.net> wrote:

> Hi Elsa,
>
> Could be radioactive wires implanted, could be
> localized seeds, etc.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sandy

"All of the old-timers knew that subprime mortgages were what we called neutron loans --  they killed the people and left the houses. . . .
"LOUIS S. BARNES, a partner at Boulder West, a mortgage banking firm.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com