[ RadSafe ] Truck Driver Charged With Lying About Radioactive Cargo

BLHamrick at aol.com BLHamrick at aol.com
Wed Aug 29 23:00:48 CDT 2007

It was a Molybdenum-Technetium generator (the event report is at the NRC
site).  It should have been secured against movement during normal  transport.
Frankly, I'm not terribly surprised that the driver said it was  stolen, rather
than it fell off the truck.  I imagine he was scared about  losing his job.
I'm not saying he wasn't dumb, not saying he wasn't  dishonest, just that I'm
not surprised by it.

Actually, I think that's what's insane is that this guy could get 10 years
for that.

Barbara L. Hamrick

In a message dated 8/29/2007 8:21:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time, sjd at swcp.com