AW: [ RadSafe ] " Technology to detect radiation has progressed "

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Wed Aug 29 11:48:33 CDT 2007

Helen,

I hardly dare to write at RADSAFE any more, that I disagree - not even
respectfully, because of a rather funny reaction of one single participant
in the list, when I respectfully disagreed on a subject, but:

Since commercial fertilizers usually contain a lot of potassium and
therefore K-40 a radiation detector would have detected the fertilizer.

To live up to the expectation of the above mentioned person I have to add
something about Austria: We also produce fertilizers in Austria, but I do
not expect them to be better than US ones.

Thanks for the good advices at the end of your post. I always smile about
people who lose control and get infuriated without any reason. I also smile
at those who have a lack of humor and cannot detect irony like in this mail.
(The K-40 in fertilizers is no irony....)

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.