[ RadSafe ] Irony at Its Best

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Tue Dec 4 21:16:02 CST 2007

Dec. 4

         (I don't see the irony.)

         According to the article, the two reactors have a combined
capacity of 2,069 megawatts.  By my reckoning that is enough electricity to
supply approximately 2 million homes.  (Someone please correct me if my
reckoning is wrong.)  I would say that suggesting the power be cut off to 2
million homes is in itself a scare tactic.  Cuomo says shut the reactors
down now, we can buy replacement power.  Gov. Spitzer wants to wait until
another source of power is found.  Is that much electricity readily
available for sale?  If so, how much will it cost compared to what users
are paying now?

         New York State government probably has a "long and troubling
history of problems."  Perhaps it should be shut down instead.  That would
leave plenty of money to buy electricity, that is for sure.

Steven Dapra