[ RadSafe ] Irony at Its Best

Brunkow, Ward ward.brunkow at wipp.ws
Wed Dec 5 08:11:24 CST 2007

The irony here is like the Hank Williams song "Family Tradition", the
younger Cuomo is a carbon copy of the old Cuomo. My career started at
Indian Point around TMI era when I left Ft. Belvoir for a Nuclear Power
Job. I worked may fine years and outages up there. Back in those days
Billy Joel was asked to participate in a No Nukes Concert in Madison Sq.
Garden by other artists of the day, we all know who they are. He refused
to do so as he said it didn't make sense when the Indian Point Site was
successfully producing power just 25 miles North of GW Bridge, for
Madison Sq. Garden, in this major magazine interview. Later I
participated in the Decomissioning of Shoreham, a beautiful built BWR
that was shut down by a Cuomo, even after the NRC licensed it and low
power testing had been performed. The way he did it is something to do
with the funky powers given the Gov. of NY over PASNY and LILCO. The
result of this shutdown was a great increase in LP tankers coming in off
the shore of LI, in this day a terrorist event waiting to happen, and
some of the highest electricity rates in the world, thus punishing the
good folks of LI. I never felt right about taking that plant down, even
if an idiot such as Cuomo is responsible for it. The real irony here is
that even in this day and age of global warming , and the co-founder of
greenpeace stating earlier this year in a quote in the Washington Post
that he was wrong about nuclear power and apologized, we have
misinformed fanatics such as the
Cuomos, Jane Fonda and others who will keep with their normal agenda and
ensure we are dependent on foreign energy that has a good chance of
producing WWIII. They just don't get it and don't want to get it, yet
people still vote them in and go to their movies.  In my opinion those
people are just as bad.  As Ike Eisenhower said in 1953, a leader that
makes Cuomos look like Nazis, "America's greatest enemies ...are
Americans".

W. G. (Ward) Brunkow