[ RadSafe ] Am-241 and INCINERATORS

Sandy Perle sandyfl at cox.net
Wed Dec 5 14:07:38 CST 2007

Hello George,

It's apparent that many companies are now refusing taking the detectors back
(as commented here in the list). My previous detectors were sent back, but
that was years ago. If you search "disposal of smoke detector" you note many
references that state it is appropriate to return to manufacturer and not
dispose of in trash, landfills, etc.

Regards,

Sandy

Sander C. Perle
President
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
E-Mail: sandyfl at cox.net

Global Dosimetry: http://www.dosimetry.com/