[ RadSafe ] RE: radsafe Digest, Vol 122, Issue 10

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 14:51:26 CST 2007

I believe that is that when they made the equipment
for human use, they did start using the initials, MRI.
 Certainly NMR units are still used in laboratories,
and it is possible that MRI was used do differentiate
between one dimensional vs. two dimensional detection.

http://www.microsemi.com/micnotes/712A.pdf

--- John R Johnson <idias at interchange.ubc.ca> wrote:

> John et al
>
> Was that back when MRI was called NMR (nuclear
> magnetic resonance), and
> wasn't it changed to MRI so that the word "nuclear"
> was not used?
>
> John
> ***************
> John R Johnson, PhD
> CEO, IDIAS, Inc.
> 4535 West 9th Ave
> Vancouver, B. C.
> V6R 2E2, Canada
> (604) 222-9840
> idias at interchange.ubc.ca

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak, Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." -- Sir Winston Churchill

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com