[ RadSafe ] Isotope shortage affects patients

Brunkow, Ward ward.brunkow at wipp.ws
Thu Dec 6 08:10:58 CST 2007

Having worked with most of the U.S. DOE, power utilities and some
medical/research reactors in the U.S., I would find it hard to believe
we get all our Tc99 from Canada. My last dose came out of Richmond,
Virginia and they acted like it was obtained somewhere on the Atlantic
Seaboard locally. It was obtained under a late request. University of
Missouri Reactor at Columbia I think has produced a lot of medical
isotopes in the U.S.   I know the Canadians have huge inventories of
Co60, that the world does rely on.

W. G. (Ward) Brunkow