[ RadSafe ] Linearity with Tc99m shortage?

Brunkow, Ward ward.brunkow at wipp.ws
Fri Dec 7 08:04:39 CST 2007

It is my understanding that most medical facilities use Thallium anyway
over TC99 for Cardiac stress tests, it is much cheaper but has much
longer T 1/2. The last time I had the procedure I requested Tc99 as I
didn't want the longer T1/2 while working in a highly restricted nuclear
facility, and they accommodated me, who know what they charged the
insurance company.

Ward