[ RadSafe ] Radiation Detection Equipment for sale

stewart farber radproject at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 7 10:46:59 CST 2007

Hi all,
>From my reading of the  posting guidelines for radsafe, the posting of the
availability for sale of radiation monitoring instrumentation by private
companies is not allowed. The present rules include: "Commercial postings
and advertisements are not allowed."

Do members prefer this prohibition against commercial postings? Is it OK for
a poster to ask the list if they have a piece of equipment which they may
want to sell to a private commercial endeavor?

If the present rule against commercial postings and ads were not in place, I
would have posted a large selection of everything from pocket direct reading
dosimters, to probes, to linear accelerators which I own or broker. It seems
pretty clear that the use of radsafe to offer specific items of equipment
for sale by a commercial endeavor was not permitted.

N'est pas??

This is not a direct criticism of the post below by George Dowell, but a
request for clarification and feedback from users.

Thanks,

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
Farber Medical Solutions, LLC
1285 Wood Ave.