[ RadSafe ] Lost Check Source

BLHamrick at aol.com BLHamrick at aol.com
Wed Dec 12 20:11:41 CST 2007

Wes,

I thought your comment was probably tongue-in-cheek, but I'm always timid
about making assumptions about emails, since I can't see the sly grin on the
author's face.

The NUREG cited below indeed only calls out the obligation to include dose
considerations, but also states, "because 10 CFR 30.18 is silent regarding
specific licensee activities governed by Part 20 regulations, Part 20 is
applicable."  The further discussion only touches on the dose  considerations, but
I'm curious how they find that, in general, "Part 20 is  applicable," but then
only address the dose considerations, and not the other  sections of Part 20,
such as the waste disposal provisions.

Perhaps someone from the NRC would like to chime in here.

Barbara.

In a message dated 12/12/2007 5:55:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,