[ RadSafe ] An article from globeandmail.com

Jaro jaro-10kbq at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 12 20:30:54 CST 2007

Since the old NRU reactor (150MW) is "Universal", the Maple reactors (10MW),
being dedicated medical radioisotope machines, can not replace it when they
(finally) go into service.

The replacement for NRU is the long-awaited CNF or CNC:
http://cnf-ccn.gc.ca/home.html

The Maples would, of course, preclude the present crisis.

 Jaro