[ RadSafe ] Re: cancer "risk" near certain nuclear plants vs hormesis

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 15 16:09:36 CST 2007

Dr. Long,
  I am not a bureaucrat and have proposed repeatedly that this study should be conducted.  Obviously you have forgotten those facts or choose to ignore them. I guess selective memory goes along with cherry-picking data. You can check the achives to refresh your memory.

   I would suggest that if you are really concerned that you petition the Dept of Energy to fund this analysis.  If you claim to have a degree in epidemiology, you might even ask for a grant to do the analysis yourself.

  I appreciate your worrying about my job, but I secure in what I do and earn.  I am the business of helping people understand the risks and benefits of ionizing radiation.  I certainly do have to cherry-pick the data to support my

  I would also take to heart the old saying, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.  It seems appropriate to your believe in old data and flawed studies.  And hormesis.

howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:
          John Jacobus and Radsafe readers,
  Analysis of incomplete data of Taiwan's CO60 contaminated apartments
  was not the fault of Chen, Luan et al,
  but of bureaucrats like yourself, John, who restricted access to data
  showing their jobs were unnecessary!

  The  3.5/116 extreme difference below could not be explained by incomplete data
  with <1/10 that effect!

  I, B Cohen and other "respectable epidemiologists" do indeed find it, like
  Cohen's data on radon and lung cancer, inconsistent with the LNT that pays
  John's salary.

  Howard Long