AW: [ RadSafe ] surface emission rate,surface DPM from 27 pCi Tc-99

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sun Dec 16 12:43:05 CST 2007

Glenn,

I hardly can express my gratitute to you for putting this topic into
perspective.

What Mr KOFF (Synebrychoff, finnish brewery) was distributing was only
bluntant nonsense. DPM of a source is a fixed value as well as pCi/source or
Bq/source and independent of whatever geometry. If he wants to have some
other definitions, he might declare them as "KOFF"-units and seek
international acknowledgement.

What I am anyway surprised is that not hundreds of RADSAFErs got into the
discussion and would tell Mr. KOFF that his question was simply ridiculous
and after posting his really ridiculous explanations that also this was more
than ridiculous.

I do not mind, if somebody posts some erronious postings (I have done that
myself, but I always apologized), but like in the case of Mr. KOFF I would
appreciate if his clarification would be done not to far into the future.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.