[ RadSafe ] Portal Monitors

Geo>K0FF GEOelectronics at netscape.com
Tue Dec 18 10:37:29 CST 2007

http://www.thermo.com/eThermo/CMA/PDFs/Product/productPDF_16483.pdf

George Dowell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hoffman, Daniel E" <Daniel.Hoffman at covidien.com>
To: <radsafe at radlab.nl>
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 9:54 AM
Subject: [ RadSafe ] Portal Monitors

Dear RadSafers --
I am in search of information concerning portal monitors capable of
detecting gamma radiation from nuclides that decay via EC; therefore
traditional gas flow proportional detectors are not appropriate.  At our
facility we have older "Gamma 60" units with plastic scintillation
detectors that were manufactured by National Nuclear Corporation.
However, parts for these units have become increasingly difficult to
find.

If anyone has recommendations on available systems to supplement or
replace our existing units please contact me.  I would also be
interested in any positive or negative experiences that folks have had
with specific manufacturer's units.

Thank you.

Dan Hoffman

Daniel E. Hoffman, CHP, CSP, CHMM