AW: [ RadSafe ] Po-210 Suppliers

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Tue Dec 18 14:59:50 CST 2007

Elain,

Are you sure you are asking for  m i l l i  Curies of Po-210? I know very
little about US legislation, but this amount seems to me to be by far to
high for a respiratory research institute.

I am very bad in keeping numbers in mind, but hasn't Mr. Litvinenko been
poisoned to death in London last year with much less activity?

Po-210 is produced in relatively large quantities to be used as a neutron
source in the trigger for nuclear weapons, but I do not think that it might
be available on the market in the quantity you ask for. Anyway you may try
Analytics in the USA or perform a search on Google for the many
international radionuclide suppliers. If nothing helps and you have the
chemistry and a licensed laboratory you could separate it from very old
Ra-226 sources, which are not used any more in hospitals.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.