[ RadSafe ] a question about 'canary' personal dosimeters

Gary Masters gmasters at dotsplat.org
Sat Dec 22 09:56:13 CST 2007

Nick,

I'll start by admitting my ignorance of the cellular
technologies deployed in Australia. However, in the USA the
predominant technologies are GSM and CDMA. It has been my
experience that handsets based on GSM technology produce more
electromagnetic interference than do those based on CDMA.

As you found one handset interfered with the canary detector
and another didn't, do you happen to know the technologies
employed by each handset?

Thanks.

Gary