[ RadSafe ] Re: Radiation Hormesis

Syd H. Levine syd.levine at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 28 13:20:03 CST 2007

But EPA DOES write law.  They do it every day!  The legislators have
delegated the vast majority of regulatory duties to administrative agencies
like EPA.  Historically, this goes back to the original railroad regulatory
scheme in the very late 1800s, but has become a true monster since 1970 when
Nixon gave us the EPA.

Congress merely says regulate some particular activity, and EPA is charged
with developing the administrative law to accomplish same.  Worse yet, if
the agency decides you have violated some provision of this voluminous
administrative law, you get the dubious honor of having the matter
adjudicated before an "administrative law judge", generally an employee of
the agency that promulgated the regulation to begin with.  If you ever do
get to see a "real" judge, deference will be given to the agency ( a nice
way of saying what you say will not matter).

Pity is not what EPA deserves, I fear.

Syd H. Levine
AnaLog Services, Inc.
Phone:  (270) 276-5671