[ RadSafe ] Salsman's uranium trioxide gas proof

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 11:12:40 CST 2007

Dear Dr. Raabe:

A glance at this table in the CRC Handbook shows that gas vapor
particles have substantially different settling and diffusion rates
than the nanometer-scale particles which you reported collecting:
  http://bovik.org/du/scans/crc.jpg

Your refusal to answer any of my questions suggests that:

(1) You did not measure the plutonium dioxide condensation time;

(2) You did not compare the plutonium mass of the recovered combustion
product with the amount of plutonium consumed by the combustion;

(3) You never took into account the excess condensation caused by mass
impactor particle collection devices; and

(4) Your experimental apparatus was incapable of measuring the amount
of plutonium dioxide gas which remained uncondensed.

Am I wrong about any of those points?  If so, which of them and why?

Sincerely,
James Salsman