[ RadSafe ] The hot and cold of history & journalistic credibility

Ruth Sponsler jk5554 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 2 15:04:02 CST 2007

Climate change and nuclear power are _not_ the same
thing.

Nuclear energy has been under attack by the
anti-science crowd for some 30 years...but the science
is more and more in its favor, showing a supurb safety
record and also showing that low dose-rate radiation
is harmless or perhaps beneficial for living
organisms.  The anti-nuclear groups are pretty well
scientifically discredited.

The science over in the weather dept. is showing, more
and more, that _fossil fuels_ are affecting climate.
If we hadn't listened to the %&&*% anti-nuke
activists, we might have less of a climate problem.

Climate and nuclear power are two _very different_
issues.  It's really a shame when they get confused
like this.

It drives me equally up the wall when people (not on
this list) that say they want to do something against
climate change are against nuclear power...our biggest
non-CO2 energy source.

Let's go with scientific opinion in both the case of
nuclear power and the case of climate.  More reactors
means less CO2.

~Ruth