[ RadSafe ] Gas Proportional Dectector - Mass Correction Sets

Wesley wesvanpelt at verizon.net
Wed Feb 7 07:29:46 CST 2007

Christopher and Radsafe,

I am replying to all of Radsafe because I suspect others can learn from my
question (and your answer), not just me.

I am confused as to just what you are correcting for with planchets
containing Tc-99, each of different mass. Could you do the same with a
single Tc-99 source and a set of absorbers to place on top of the source?
Also, I would imagine the material (metal, plastic, etc.) and its density
would be critical to your purpose.

I wish you could describe the process and goal a bit for us.

Thanks.
Best regards, Wes
Wesley R. Van Pelt, PhD, CIH, CHP
Wesley R. Van Pelt Associates, Inc.