[ RadSafe ] RE: The hot and cold of history & journalisticcre dibility

ROGERS, Brent brent.rogers at ansto.gov.au
Thu Feb 8 15:32:17 CST 2007

Gary

I was a teenager in the 70s, so it's quite possible that I didn't really
have my ear to the ground on such scientific matters, but with that
qualification, I can tell you I never heard of the "Global Cooling
Consensus" of which you quote.

I reckon there's probably not too many teenagers these days that aren't
familiar with climate change, aka Global Warming.

That said, I don't really have a dog in this fight, because it's not a
branch of science that I study or have studied.  What I am saying is that
you'd have to disregard the opinions of a whole lot of dedicated scientists
who are experts in their field to claim humans aren't at least partially
responsible for Global Warning.  As opposed to the handful of anti-nuclear
scientists who seem to have a difficult time getting published in reputable
scholarly journals.  (Most wouldn't get published at all, if they didn't
peer-review each others papers).  That original analogy stating that the two
groups were similar was the one that I found perplexing.

Regards

Brent Rogers
Leader Commercial Radiation Safety Group
Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
PMB 1, Menai NSW 2234
T 61 2 9717 3251
F 61 2 9717 9266
M 0417 231 879