[ RadSafe ] RE: The hot and cold of history & journalistic credibility

Dan W McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 21:28:26 CST 2007

Hi Brent:

My skepticism to fully embrace Global Warming is based on four issues:

1) Every time I examine a Pleistocene to Holocene depositional environment,
I see the overprint of rapid climate change;
2) The climate has a greater propensity to take sudden drops in temperature
than rises. If we have another Krakatau (1883), the dust shrouding may
rapidly cool the entire earth in the span of a single year;
3) The driver for so much of the funding for selective research and science
has been politically motivated;
4) I take deep offence at something being rammed down my throat by the
media, which I basically distrust with regards the accuracy and bias of
their reporting in most areas of my direct experience.  Why should I trust
them in areas where I know relatively little?

Now then: if I trusted the media, what political positions would I have?
Liberal?  Conservative?  Should I disregard the 14 years of overseas
experience that I have because it doesn't happen to match what the media is
trying to sell me on today in their revisionist historical mode regardless
of their political bent?

Let's not mix apples with oranges, because in the end, you get fruit salad!

Dan W McCarn, Geologist
Albuquerque & Houston

>From Wiki: "In the year following the eruption, average global temperatures
fell by as much as 1.2 degrees Celsius. Weather patterns continued to be
chaotic for years, and temperatures did not return to normal until 1888"