[ RadSafe ] cost per kilowatt ratio

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 10:34:01 CST 2007

Mr. Terry,

Thank you for your suggestion:

> Let's limit our decrease in fossil fuel usage to 50% of our total supply.

Over how many years?

Wind power could satisfy a boilerplate 100% using 3% of U.S. farmland,
and something like 92% from offshore only.  I think offshore would
take too much fossil fuel to construct, and the farmers could use the
extra cash, anyway.  I think we would need 20% hydro for shaping, on a
national grid, but if each state is responsible for shaping, that
would be a terrible waste.

The problem is that putting plug-in hybrid electric vehicles on the
market, which is necessary and should be subsidized, would increase
the demand for lithium batteries, and GM claims that there is some
global limit on lithium battery production.  Does anyone believe GM
about that?

Sincerely,
James Salsman