[ RadSafe ] " Half-million exposed to high radon in homes "

Jerry Cuttler jerrycuttler at rogers.com
Sat Feb 10 09:26:22 CST 2007

Jaro,

It seems that Health Canada is using the LNT hypothesis of radiation
carcinogenesis to predict lung cancer risk.  Unfortunately, they are using a
positive slope instead of the observed negative slope (see attached slide  1
pCi/L = 37 Bq/m^3).  It seems Health Canada got the wrong answer.

When Vera and I were at the Free Enterprise uranium mine in Montana a few
years ago, we stayed in 1650 pCi/L of radon for at least 30 hours.  I think
this exposure is about one working level month that uranium miners are
allowed each month.

Jerry