[ RadSafe ] Liquid scintillation counting

Olsson Mattias :MSO mso at forsmark.vattenfall.se
Fri Feb 16 01:01:52 CST 2007

Dear all,

Considering that liquid scintillation counting is a quite common and easy way to quantify radioactivity in many cases (recently I have mostly used it for H-3, C-14 and Sr-90 samples) I find it difficult so get a good grip on the scintillation counter market. Is it a world wide Perkin-Elmer/Packard Tri-Carb hegemony these days?

It would be interesting to know which the interesting suppliers of LS counters in the world are and if there are any particular opinions on brands and models!

All the best,

Mattias Olsson

--
Mattias Olsson, FTKS