[ RadSafe ] DU weapons threaten health ...

Maury Siskel maurysis at peoplepc.com
Tue Feb 20 00:02:38 CST 2007

This letter to editor is too long for the List, but I could not resist
posting enough that I hope some of you will read the whole thing -- it
is amazing! Complete with Roger Helbig  "...   stalking the Internet,
trying to intimidate anyone who suggests DU is not benign." This letter
is a winner for DU extreme fiction!
And Roger, you better stop that stalking right now!!!
Best
Maury&Dog

===============
http://www.times-news.com/opinion/local_story_050102724.html?keyword=secondarystory

Depleted Uranium weapons threaten health of vets, civilians
Cumberland Times-News - Cumberland,MD,USA

" ...How to explain a Department of Veterans Affairs study of 21,000
veterans of Gulf War I that found birth defects in offspring ... twice
as great for male vets and three times as great for female vets who
served in the Gulf War? ... explain a 2006 Washington Post report that
518,000 of 580,000 Gulf War vets were on disability, over half on
permanent disability? ... explain over 13,000 dead Gulf War vets?

When a DU shell hits a hardened target, it bursts into flame and creates
an invisible metal fume of nano-sized ceramic particles that are
insoluble in body fluids. If these nano particles are inhaled, they
provide contact radiation-half-life 4.5 billion years - and a source of
heavy metal poisoning for the lymph nodes, spleen, heart, and central
nervous system. ..."