[ RadSafe ] Re: :KI

jjcohen at prodigy.net jjcohen at prodigy.net
Wed Feb 21 11:05:29 CST 2007

In a previous discussion on radsafe, concern was expressed regarding the
prophylactic use of KI because of the radioactivity of the potassium. NaI
was proposed to avoid this problem, but rejected because the sodium may
cause hypertension. LiI might be the best bet. Even though it may not
protect against the effects of radioiodine, with the Lithium intake,  the
recipient may not care :-)