[ RadSafe ] Re: Hormetic effectiveness

Eric D edaxon at satx.rr.com
Thu Feb 22 19:18:48 CST 2007

I do not know about the preferential direction of radiation to an organ.  I
do think it is a good idea to do a complete assessment of risk where the
benefits of the exposure are also included in the assessment.

As we get to lower and lower levels of acceptable dose for chemicals and
radiation, we are going to approach the point where a toxic substance may
turn into a beneficial substance.  Iron is toxic until the dose is reduced
to the point that it becomes a vitamin.

It would be odd indeed if we regulated these materials below the beneficial
point to where the lack of the dose (radiation or chemical) caused
measurable harm like say iron deficiency.

Eric Daxon