AW: AW: [ RadSafe ] New Airport X-Rays Scan Bodies, Not Just Bags

Sandy Perle sandyfl at cox.net
Sat Feb 24 16:07:03 CST 2007

ALARA means what it says, as low as reasonably achievable. This does not mean zero dose. Evaluation of the task and supportt for or against the dose determines if the dose to be received is warranted. I suspect that a majority of travelers worldwide would accept this small dose for the peace and mind of knowing that the risk of a catastrophy has been reduced, even if the risk has not been entirely eliminated.

Sandy Perle