AW: [ RadSafe ] New Airport X-Rays Scan Bodies, Not Just Bags

Sandy Perle sandyfl at cox.net
Sun Feb 25 12:13:39 CST 2007

Hi Ted,

I agree that the issue is NOT the dose, but the question of privacy. That is
why I am amazed that there are those who consider this small dose to be a
problem, and, try to link the dose to being not within the ALARA principle.
The TSA has also stated that the individual has "choice" to be scanned or to
have a "hands-on" search conducted.

As far as your last statement; " When we resort to this - the terrorists
have won!" .. they have already won, considering the funds currently being
expended, and, the many government interventions into personal rights that
we all used to have, but have been diminished over the years. However,
government must look at the greater good to protect their citizens, and
there are times where some rights have to be minimized. When they are
totally eliminated or restricted, the citizenry must assess and then
stand-up for re-establishment of those rights. I the meantime, based o the
times we are in, I'll accept many of the reduced rights we have lived under
in the past.

Regards,

Sandy

Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306
Tel: (949) 419-1000 Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/
Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/