[ RadSafe ] AW: 2nd Addition to " Radiation Dose from Consumer Products"

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Wed Feb 28 17:03:31 CST 2007

Dear Thomas,

Sorry to bother you all by a second addition.

I obviously did not comment enough on the question of "passive smoking".
Though I have been heavily involved in the measurement of indoor Radon in
Austria we have never regarded a research on naturally occurring radioactive
material (NORM) involving smoking in Austria as necessary.

However I am sure to remind that there seems to be a few researches
available, which suggest that aerosols from tobacco smoke reduce (!!!) the
dose to the persons inhalating them.

Please do not blame the messenger, provide evidence and forward the relevant
information to RADSAFE or to me personally.

Best regards,

Franz