[ RadSafe ] Re: (Taiwan Apts) NSWS exposed lived longer (0.76 mortality rate!)

Jerry Cuttler jerrycuttler at rogers.com
Wed Jan 10 22:30:14 CST 2007

I looked at the Sponsler and Cameron paper in Int. J. Low Radiation, Vol. 1, No. 4, 2005, and I found the following sentence in Section 4 on Page 472.

4 Discussion
The Summary of the Final Report did not mention the 24% lower SMR from all causes of the cohort (p < 10-16) compared to the controls. A 24% lower SMR implies a 2.8-year increase in average lifespan.

So I likely asked Bernie to calculate the life extension corresponding to 24% lower SMR (not a 40% reduction).

Jerry